Old Martin Guitars

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
hutton99

Old Martin Guitars

Beitrag von hutton99 »

Hello from Canada!

Let me apologize in advance for communicating in English but I only have a rudimentary understanding of German.

I am interesting collecting information on old C.F. Martin guitars including details of construction, photos of the interior of instruments to document bracing and information on the various guitars makers from Neukirken.

In return I can provide some detail information and photographs of Martin guitars as they developed in the USA in the 1833-1900 period.

Some very early Martins (1833-34) are known in the USA but has anyone ever seen a Martin guitar made by C.F. Martin (or his father) in Neukirken. Theoretically, C. F. Martin should have made guitars for himself or his father in the 1825-1833 time period.

Regards

Greig Hutton

Udo Kretzschmann
Geigenbaumeister
Re: Old Martin Guitars

Beitrag von Udo Kretzschmann »

Hi Gregg,

I shoved your question to the suitable thread.

Sincerely

Udo

Shallow

Beitrag von Shallow »

Before moving to the USA and after a frustrated attempt of settling back in Markneukirchen, he worked at the Stauffer workshop in Vienna. He became the workshop manager before leaving, so better look for info on Stauffer guitars of that period. Though the Stauffers were the masters and the owners, He was the actual "boss" behind those guitars and these guitars were exactly what C. F. Martin made when he started his own workshop in the States. After a short time he needed to simplify his designs to be more cost effective if he wanted to sell instruments for a living. At that point he started to shift away for the former Stauffer designs for more simplistic ones.

STELOL
Experte

Beitrag von STELOL »

Hi Greg,

take a look here:

http://www.studia-instrumentorum.de/MER ... MARTIN.htm

Regards,

STELOL :v:
STELOL
STEfan LOb aus Lohmar
Ein Versuch die alten vogtländischen
Bezeichnungen wieder aufleben zu lassen!!!!!!

Im Netz unter http://www.schlaggitarren.de

Antworten